After Moms of Blairgowrie became popular, many moms from the surrounding neighbourhoods started to request to join the group. It was evident that there was definitely a place for another local mom’s group for the surrounding ‘Parks’ areas.
And so, I started Park Moms, so that the moms living in the Parks could have a space of their own, to chat, share and support each other. It has grown into a uber aweseome group with over 800 local members.
To join, all you need to be is a mom, living in the Parks areas in Johannesburg. It has expanded quite a lot due to popular demand (and a recent poll) but in order to keep it local, the areas it includes are:
- Craighall Park
- Parktown North
- Victory park
- Dunkeld West
The group has been extended to:
- Hyde Park
- Forest Town
Here are some other rules…
- It’s for residents of the above areas only – and only one per mom. You’re only a local resident in one suburb. Apologies, if your kids go to local schools but you aren’t a resident, you don’t qualify.
- Moms and moms to be only (sorry no grandparents and aunts and cousins
- Your kids need to still be in school (i.e. under 18)
- Answer all 3 questions to be added (truthfully)
- Advertise your second-hand baby goods any day of the week, other goods within moderation
- No scouting for work, properties or fitness shake type ads
- Keep your business advertising to Fridays only and please keep it reasonable
- We don’t want to see the same advert every week and we don’t want to be bombarded with more than one post from you on a Friday
- Support your local moms
- No abuse, shaming, bitchiness, labelling, defamation of character
- No anti vaccination talk (sorry, just no)
- If you ask to join another moms group and you have moved, or live outside of the local area, you will be removed/added to the correct group
- No ‘bumping’ posts
- Don’t lie about where you live. If you’re not local, please start up your own mom’s group, I’m sure there are local moms out there who want a community just as much as you do.