My eldest son Jamie started school in 2017 and it’s now a bit further away from Blairgowrie, in Morningside. His school friends live around Morningside and River Club and so a lot of socialising carries on in these new areas for me. I don’t know that much about this side of town, so I started the Moms of Morningside Facebook group as a platform for me and other moms to connect with each other.
It’s a forum, a market-place and a sounding board. A space for moms to be moms.
To join, all you need to be is a mom, living in one of the following areas:
- Morningside Manor
- River Club
- Gallo Manor
- Bryanston East
To be extended to:
Here are some other rules…
- It’s for residents of the above areas only – and only one per mom. You’re only a local resident in one suburb.
- Moms and moms to be only (sorry no grandparents and aunts and cousins
- Your kids need to still be in school (i.e. under 18)
- Answer all 3 questions to be added (truthfully)
- Advertise your second-hand baby goods any day of the week, other goods within moderation
- No scouting for work, properties or fitness shake type ads
- Keep your business advertising to Fridays only and please keep it reasonable
- We don’t want to see the same advert every week and we don’t want to be bombarded with more than one post from you on a Friday
- Support your local moms
- No abuse, shaming, bitchiness, labelling, defamation of character
- No anti vaccination talk (sorry, just no)
- If you ask to join another moms group and you have moved, or live outside of the local area, you will be removed/added to the correct group
- No ‘bumping’ posts
- Don’t lie about where you live. If you’re not local, please start up your own mom’s group, I’m sure there are local moms out there who want a community just as much as you do.