Otherwise known as MOEG moms (yes, we all are), this Facebook group I started because these suburbs border on Blairgowrie, but also on the parks. To include these areas in the other two would make the other groups too big and so I created Moms of Emmarentia & Greenside to include:
This group is waiting for a spark – it needs some vooma, but only the members can give it that!
Here are some other rules…
- It’s for residents of the above areas only – and only one per mom. You’re only a local resident in one suburb. Apologies, if your kids go to local schools but you aren’t a resident, you don’t qualify.
- Moms and moms to be only (sorry no grandparents and aunts and cousins
- Your kids need to still be in school (i.e. under 18)
- Answer all 3 questions to be added (truthfully)
- Advertise your second-hand baby goods any day of the week, other goods within moderation
- No scouting for work, properties or fitness shake type ads
- Keep your business advertising to Fridays only and please keep it reasonable
- We don’t want to see the same advert every week and we don’t want to be bombarded with more than one post from you on a Friday
- Support your local moms
- No abuse, shaming, bitchiness, labelling, defamation of character
- No anti vaccination talk (sorry, just no)
- If you ask to join another moms group and you have moved, or live outside of the local area, you will be removed/added to the correct group
- No ‘bumping’ posts
- Don’t lie about where you live. If you’re not local, please start up your own mom’s group, I’m sure there are local moms out there who want a community just as much as you do.