I formed this group in early 2014 after a chat with a now friend on the BCA Facebook page about wanting to find a local mom’s play group. This is the first “Moms of…” local, community based Facebook mom’s group in Johannesburg, South Africa. It’s a Facebook community for local moms to be open and support each other. It’s a forum, a market-place and a sounding board. Since starting it, I’ve made so many wonderful friends, had book clubs, craft clubs, walking groups, play dates – it’s really changed my life for the better because of it.
To join, all you need to be is a mom, living in Blairgowrie.
Here are some other rules…
- It’s for Blairgowrie residents only – and only one per mom. You’re only a local resident in one suburb. Apologies, if your kids go to local schools but you aren’t a resident, you don’t qualify.
- Moms and moms to be only (sorry no grandparents and aunts and cousins)
- Please ensure you’re on the BCA database by signing up to the Blairgowrie newsletter
- Your kids need to still be in school (i.e. under 18)
- Answer all 3 questions to be added (truthfully)
- Advertise your second-hand baby goods any day of the week, other goods within moderation
- No scouting for work, properties or fitness shake type ads
- Keep your business advertising to Fridays only and please keep it reasonable
- We don’t want to see the same advert every week and we don’t want to be bombarded with more than one post from you on a Friday
- Support your local moms
- No abuse, shaming, bitchiness, labelling, defamation of character
- No anti vaccination talk (sorry, just no)
- If you ask to join another moms group and you have moved, or live outside of the local area, you will be removed/added to the correct group
- Don’t lie about where you live. If you’re not local, please start up your own mom’s group, I’m sure there are local moms out there who want a community just as much as you do.